Saturday, January 19, 2019

Bollards, Capstans and Fairleads

Just a single picture update to show that I have still been working on the Queen. I've been working on all the small deck details and in the process learning about the little things on the deck of a ship. 

The objects with the gold tops are capstans which mooring lines go around and I think are motorized. The small black mushroom objects are bollards.  They are fixed metal posts that lines are wrapped around.  The small rows of posts along the edge of the deck in sets of 3 or 4 are rolling fairleads and mooring ropes are fed through them to guide them.  They are simply horizontal rollers.  All of the parts on deck have been scratchbuilt with styrene. 

The deck looks really busy and I think a couple things may be a tad out of scale. (bollards and anchor captsans)

I will continue to work my way down the ship adding vents, captstans, bollards, bitts and widgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment