Saturday, June 1, 2019

Finishing Funnels


I have taken a short break from the Queen to work on a couple of other projects, but I am back at it again.  Next up are the funnels and rigging lines.
The funnels used are from the kit, but I had scraped off all of the molded on detail and recreated the joints with thin styrene strips wrapped around it.  I have drilled holes for the rigging lines.  The funnels are painted my version of Cunard Red.  To get the color for the funnels, I mixed a little yellow into bright red and it resulted in a Vermilion shade which I think is pretty accurate.

I will be using EZ Line for the rigging. I had originally planned on using fly tying thread, but this seems to be better.  It is a hobby product and is slightly stretchy so it should not sag.


No comments:

Post a Comment