Monday, August 19, 2019

Boats Away


The lifeboat davits have all been installed as have the lifeboats. The davits are thicker than I would have liked, but they were too fragile to thin down.

The davits were resin copies of a modified davit from the Airfix 1/600 Queen Elizabeth ocean liner.  The arms are photoetched pieces.  The complete photoetch davit was too spindly to use, so I used just the curved arm section glued to the resin copies.

The lifeboats are from the original Queen Mary kit.  I had planned on making resin copies of the Queen Elizabeth lifeboats, but changed my mind as I wanted the boats covered as is normally seen.  The kit lifeboats were too wide so I filed the sides and changed the shape to more closely match the original lifeboat.

This picture also shows that I have started to add the railings to the sides.




No comments:

Post a Comment